Monday 14 June 2010

Use the media wisely......!

......Katie and Pete seem to know how!
I was delighted to learn that Iain Dale will be appearing on LBC Radio this week to present the evening show and look forward to tuning in at 10pm this coming Thursday content in the knowledge that this guy has substantial and robust views on Family Law, Social Services and the campaign we are advocating on a daily basis, so it led me to recollect other radio presenters I have encountered and their reaction to our cause!http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=129445633750928&ref=ts


For many years I have been of the belief that the BBC Today programme had been dumbed down and fails to tackle the key issues head on and almost seemed to become pals with the cast of New Labour! I wonder if anyone else notices the World-Service news seems to have been watered down when they switch to Radio 4? Well if you still want to hear the UK theme formerly the opening track to BBC Radio 4 you can go to You Tube thus; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF7kzj4lCnE or tune in at 7 am to LBC and listen to Nick Ferrari who has a common-touch interview style where you can hear him deal with a story with sensitivity such as Susan Gale the mother who snitched her own son to the police over his involvement with drug dealing, whilst in the next breath cornering Mayor Boris Johnson over his ambitions to becoming Tory leader,

I have also seen Nick on the Alan Titmarsh show and his brand of common sense I think most of us would subscribe to especially when it comes to trying to instil some old fashion respect into some of the youth of today!


It all seemed to happen in April 2009
Frank Lampard in radio rant over 'heartless' claims Chelsea footballer: Frank Lampard in on-air tirade against LBC's James O'Brien over newspaper reports that he is a bad fatherhttp://www.sickplaylist.com/videos/lampardOn this particular day I was busy researching for an article so forgot to switch from Nick Ferrari to Gaunty so left LBC on and for me the unfamilier presenter James O'Brien and was suprised to hear his stinging attack on Frank Lampard and as he kept it up I was almost insensed to call in myself till I heard the Chelsea star call in himself after his sister had called and told him of Mr. O'Brien's rant, something that suprised me when I learned he too was a father. I began to wonder if it was staged in order to increase LBC ratings, so the sceptic in me started a mini blog and circulated it round the usual newsrooms and to date has proved to be the most responsed to comment I have published, with one particular Sun reporter pursuing me for the next 24 hours to validate my claims, till I said look use it as a cartoon caption or something,
I knew they too would not tackle family law in a balanced way. All I suggested was that in future Fathers4Justice would don Chelsea outfits rather then Superhero garb for their protests. I think The Sun had visions of pitch invasions or the like.




James Whale dedicated a chapter of his book to the experieces he had when his son went through the family courts and had his son's heartache also manifest into his own loss of contact with his grandchild, in addition to being diagnosed with kidney Cancer at the same time and it is clear he has bounced back as the consumate professional he is, though rarely wishes to discuss the issue.
(By very sad coincidence I had both my children alienated from me in the same week in September 2007 as my sister in law was diagnosed with terminal cancer, sadly she lost her battle a month ago.) Just before James (wonder what happened to Ash?) left Talk Sport and I like the irony that he ended up presenting along side Ken Livingstone at LBC, after he told me on his late night show to walk away from it (Family Law pain) now, otherwise it will send you mad. Well 3 blogs on and just holding my sanity intact, here I am!


2 years ago Jon Gaunt unceremoniously departed from Talk Sport but shortly afterwards started the online Radio show Sun-Talk. I have on occasion contributed to the show that has now been broadcasting for 14 months and with the addition of further progammes and link ups to other stations across Europe. So the home of free speech has now been exported too. Gaunty is joined by Deidre Sanders each Tuesday who has special intersts in Social Services so would emplore you all to offer your view point to them via the internet.
http://www.mysun.co.uk/go/forum/view/88630/156638/SunTalk


The BBC have become very hyper-PC since the Ross/Brand debarkle.(if they had played the same high jinx on a commercial station it would have probably gone unnoticed.) I will say however that of all the places in the BBC where I have had a robust conversation was with legendary BBC Radio London presenter Big George who's encyclopaedic music knowledge is enviable.

Generally the BBC seem to take a dim view of the Family Law subject rarely being discussed on the Today programme, who only gave the then Justice Minister 2 minutes to reveal his 'open court' policy last April, something most of us would regard as quite important.I will be interested to see if the BBC become just a little more 'impartial' under the new coalition Government! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtANCL3lAoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lest we forget!

Lest we forget!
In the year we saw the last of the World War One ‘Tommy’s’ complete his journey on this earth and many World War Two warriors now considering how many more memorials they will attend especially in foreign lands, we appreciate what their lives and those who did not return stand for in giving us freedom of speech and a quality of life many of us take for granted and my thoughts of my late father a peace loving man facing the horror of war from the rear gunning turret of a Lancaster Bomber. (click on picture to see him arrive in the US) My Dad, Eddie (1921-1990)

Listen to the Children!

Listen to the Children!
click on picture for video

Dad is the WORD!

Dad is the WORD!
Darby Jay has a point doesn't he?

Family Justice review e-petition

Family Justice review e-petition
Sign against it NOW!

Roy Wood

Roy Wood
Tell me a story Minister! There ain't no time left to lose!

WHY?

WHY?
Are we all prisoners to ourselves?

You thought you had problems?


Time to fix this broken Family Law!

1984

1984
Has it caught up with us?

Are you Hammer or Anvil?

Are you Hammer or Anvil?
Even authority can become voulnerable when WRONG!

Family Justice Reform?

Family Justice Reform?
Lets work together!

It is all about the children...

It is all about the children...
..even at Buckingham Palace!

Kids......this is a role model!

Kids......this is a role model!
(I once saw Lennox Lewis in Mayfair, a big man not just in statue: Davey)

e-petiton for equal parenting in law!

e-petiton for equal parenting in law!
Not much to ask really!

Kings of Rock (any dispute?) click on Guitar

Kings of Rock (any dispute?) click on Guitar
Status Quo have not expressed their opinion of this site, this is just here for light relief to a heavy subject!

100 years on could this be the fete of our ecomony and democracy?

100 years on could this be the fete of our ecomony and democracy?
Ask Nigel Farage!

Justice4Stephen?

Justice4Stephen?
I hope so!

Just who exactly do they represent?

The Legacy!

The Legacy!
Daveyone Bows-Out!